Activity from 2009 August
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Fri, August 28th, 2009 at 9:00 am
Of course, now that the school year is getting back into full swing, TSGal is expecting to see more questions like the following one from Jill C., from Columbus, Indiana. She asked:
How can parents help the kids to unwind after they get home?
Oh Mamma mia! There must be thousands of mothers & fathers out there biting their nails, anxiously awaiting the answer to this question. Being that I am not a mom (not yet at least!) I cannot speak from personal experience. However, having done some research as well as talking to women who do have children, I think I have a few ideas to help you out.
1. Let your kids exercise and play without rules. Allow them to get a little wild, so that they eventually become tired and worn out.
2. Let your kids ‘stare into the fire’. Ever sit in front of a fire and find yourself daydreaming and staring into the distance? Use the TV (today’s modern ‘fire’) and let them relax a little bit. I know, TV is bad for kids, but let’s be honest–it can also be a parents best friend. Set some rules regarding content and let the small screen work it’s magic. Besides, a little week night tube never hurt anyone.
3. Relax and unwind WITH your kids. This can be a little difficult for the working mom and dads out there, but if you happen to be home when your kids get back from school, try suggesting some activities (baking; decorating; drawing; etc.) that you can do together. This is the time that your kids actually like you–take advantage of it! If you’re the adventurous type, allow your children to choose the activity and then partake in whatever they select–it’ll be fun for everybody!
4. Bath before bedtime. Nothingmore calming and soothing than a warm bath and becoming clean and refreshed. Yes–even children enjoy this relaxing feeling! (Try some soothing music too!)
5. Let them pick a few books to read before bedtime. Once they’re laying down and watching the pages, the eyes begin to fall heavy… and zzzzzzzzzzzz.
I hope this helps you out! Otherwise, just gotta figure it out as you go along
I’m sure all of you mothers and fathers out there have a million and one answers to this question! Feel free to comment and share your ideas too!
See you next week!
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Wed, August 26th, 2009 at 10:00 amWelcome to another installment of “Ask The Swag Gal”. Today I’m going to take a question that’s a little different than what we’ve talked about in the past. That’s right, this Swag Gal knows a lot about things other than fashion, romance and pop culture! Swaggernaut Alex M, from British Columbia, Canada asked: How can ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Mon, August 24th, 2009 at 7:00 amOver here at Swag Central, TSG and the other members of Team Swag Bucks are always thinking up new features and content we think you all will enjoy. Of course, every time we create something we have to deal with the inevitable question, where in the world are we gonna put it? And that brings ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Fri, August 21st, 2009 at 10:00 amHappy Friday Swag Nation! Let me start off by saying “thank you” to everybody who submitted their questions this week! There were so many quality questions that it was nearly impossible choosing only a few of you to reward. That said, here are the Swaggernauts that will see a rewarding surprise the next time they ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Wed, August 19th, 2009 at 10:31 pmBelieve you me when I say – boy, its tough to get your hands on old school vintage WWE / WWF trading cards. But thanks to our friends at World Wrestling Entertainment, we have access to the secret stash, and just tonight over 100 new trading cards have been added to the MyWWEsearch.com Swag Store, ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Wed, August 19th, 2009 at 10:00 amJust because we’re entering late August doesn’t mean that we have to stop enjoying the finer pleasures of the Summer months. The theaters are still showing must see films (Brad Pitt in Inglorious Basterds, anyone?), the beaches are still full, and young men and women are discovering love and romance. Which brings us to today’s ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Tue, August 18th, 2009 at 11:05 pmOne of our new favorite bands hails from Denmark and calls themselves The Asteroids Galaxy Tour. Funky name, yes. Awesome music, absolutely. You may have heard their excellent first single “Around the Bend” on recent iPod Touch TV ads, but their NEW single “The Sun Ain’t Shining No More” is even better. Check out the ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Tue, August 18th, 2009 at 3:38 pmOne (of the many) reasons Team Swag Bucks is so cool is that we travel in style. For instance, when we go watch a live concert (which is frequently), we have a professional photographer in tow. Some of the photos snagged at these shows have turned up in the Swag Store as part of our ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Tue, August 18th, 2009 at 9:25 amSwaggernaut Lisa H of NY sent us this awesome video of Night Ranger performing their classic “Sister Christian” last night at BB Kings in NYC. If you love Night Ranger as much as Lisa be sure to head over to SearchwithNightRanger.com and snag some exclusive gear direct from the band!
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Mon, August 17th, 2009 at 6:12 pmIf you are a fan of Rolling Stones, The Dead, The Who, AC/DC, and the Beatles, we may have some new prizes in the music & band swag category that will appeal to you. Check out over a dozen new items from these bands now in the Swag Store. Snag these goods while they last ... Read More »
Don't Miss a Single Post
Subscribe to the RSS Feed Or enter your email address
to have our blog delivered to you.
Sign Up for the Newsletter
Enter your email address
to sign up for the newsletter.
Like Us on Facebook
Search By Category
Blogs We Like