Activity from 2009 September (page 10)
Posted by TSGal on Fri, September 11th, 2009 at 1:00 pm
Now that school’s started, do you have any tips for staying awake and alert during a boring lecture?
Oh how I miss those days…. Waking up at 8:55 for your 9AM class with barely enough time to brush your hair or put on an appropriate outfit-only to arrive in class, take a seat and fall right back asleep! This brings to mind all too well, the most famous snooze-worthy scene … “Bueller… Bueller…Bueller….“
Luckily for me, I went to a small college, so there were never long drawn out lectures. Don’t get me wrong, I did sit thorugh my fair share of boring teachers. For all of you stuck in kcch227′s position here are some tips on how to keep those eyes open and fly catching mouths shut!.
- Coffee coffee coffee! Now I’m not one to promote the overuse of coffee, but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and take down that caffeine. It works like a charm and will keep you awake and alert. You will be happy later when you score those A’s.
- Sit up straight. This sounds like something your mother would say? I know i know. But the more you sink down into your chair and the more comfy you become, the more likely you are going to get tired and fall asleep again.
- Keep moving. Try to avoid sitting still and staring at your paper. Take notes, make eye contact with your teacher. Read along. Even the littlest of movements will keep your blood flowing and your body active.
- Participate. Exercising your brain is the most efficient way to stay alert. So raise your hand, ask questions and give the class your two-cents!
- Get a good night’s sleep. This is the simplest way to ensure you feel good in the morning. Even one extra hour in the morning will leave you feeling refreshed and rearin’ to go! If you feel like you’re missing out by going to sleep, trust me– there will be plenty more parties and social gatherings to attend.
Good luck to all the students out there, and keep sending those questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Til next time..
Posted by TSG on Fri, September 11th, 2009 at 12:00 pmIs your dorm room still a little bland? Would you like to start off another school year with some style? Maybe you got a house with some friends and need to give it some personality. Maybe you have an office and don’t want to feel so much like you’re at work. Whatever the reason, Swagbucks ... Read More »
Posted by TSG on Fri, September 11th, 2009 at 9:27 amFridays are great for many reasons. It’s typically the last day of the school and/or work week, it means a weekend is ahead, sometimes Fridays are taken off to get an early start on that weekend and they provide one with such hope for the next couple of days. Here’s another reason Fridays are pretty ... Read More »
Posted by TSG on Fri, September 11th, 2009 at 7:00 amWell, if you don’t. You might by Monday. We’ll be having another reverse auction this Monday and this time it’s for Madden 10 for XBox 360. We’ll announce when the auction will take place a bit beforehand on Monday and place the game in the Swag Store, we’ll let you know where when the time ... Read More »
Posted by TSG on Thu, September 10th, 2009 at 4:32 pmTSG announced the new Wallpaper Challenge just this last Tuesday and we’ve already received some pretty nifty submissions. Yep, I said ‘nifty’ and I stand by it. Anyway, some of you had questions and asked for help so ever the helpful Swag Guy, here I am. An important note for the Wallpaper Challenge: We cannot ... Read More »
Posted by TSG on Thu, September 10th, 2009 at 2:03 pmIt’s time for Twitter Trivia! Every Thursday TSG tests your academic, pop culture and various other sects of knowledge with a little pop quiz via Twitter. What’s even better than that, getting the right answers faster than your fellow Swaggernauts will get you Swag Bucks! Topics of trivia range all over the map, so bring ... Read More »
Posted by TSG on Thu, September 10th, 2009 at 12:24 pmHave you ever been cruising any of our Social Media pages or even this blog and wondered why TSG calls the community ‘Swaggernauts’? If you have, today is your lucky day. …because you’re about to find out. The tale of how Swaggernauts came to be is a dramatic and thrilling one. Essentially, the term Swaggernauts ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Thu, September 10th, 2009 at 10:13 amYesterday, Team Swagbucks and I had our Swagbucks Fantasy Football draft. Many of you love talking sports with TSG so I thought it’d be fun for you guys to follow along with my fantasy team, especially if you’re already into that sort of thing. If you play Fantasy Football, this could be another, even shared ... Read More »
Posted by TSG on Thu, September 10th, 2009 at 7:00 amWatch a lot of TV? Well, you may have heard that Swagbucks is predicting the Emmy’s. Well, that’s the hope anyway. If Swagbucks users correctly predict the 6 Emmy winners for the categories we’ve selected, there will be a 1-hour code worth 5 Swag Bucks. We’re even going to tell you when it is. If ... Read More »
Posted by TSG on Wed, September 9th, 2009 at 5:07 pmWe’re back with our new weekly Swagstakes, the $100 Barnes & Noble Gift Card accepted online at Barnes & Noble’s website, bn.com. Darren S. of San Jose, CA is this week’s winner. Now Darren can take his pick of literary things for his brain to soak up and enjoy. Can you even put a price ... Read More »
Don't Miss a Single Post
Subscribe to the RSS Feed Or enter your email address
to have our blog delivered to you.
Sign Up for the Newsletter
Enter your email address
to sign up for the newsletter.
Like Us on Facebook
Search By Category
The Blog Roll