Swagbucks goes back to school
by Team Swagbucks on Mon, August 2nd, 2010 at 9:25 am
Yesterday, TSG mentioned that Team Swagbucks was going to be asking for your help to get $500,000 for four local schools and get yourself a chance to win 1000 Swag Bucks. It’s all part of the Kohl’s Cares contest – in honor of the 10th Anniversary of Kohl’s Cares, Kohl’s is giving away $10 million to schools all around the country – $500,000 to 20 schools, to be exact. A local foundation is acting as a sponsor and asked us to help them get votes for 4 local schools, and although we have no affiliation with them (and do not officially endorse them over any other schools), we did check them out and feel confident about helping them win. Here’s how you can help (and qualify for a 1000 Swag Buck drawing):
1. Go to the Kohl’s Cares Application on Facebook – note that you must have a Facebook account to participate:
2. Register for the App (which takes about 10 seconds) Once it’s done, you’re given a total of 20 votes (you can only vote 5 times for any given school).
3. Go to the pages for these schools and vote for each one at least 4 times:
IMPORTANT: The first time you try to vote, a popup window will ask you to “Like” the Kohl’s Facebook page. You must click “Like” to continue and vote. This only happens once.
4. Once you’ve voted for all four schools, Click “Your Schools” in the light blue menu bar – that will display the schools you’ve voted for and how many times you’ve voted for them. Take a screenshot of that, which should look like this:
5. Email that screenshot (along with your Swagbucks username) to ivoted(AT)swagbucks.com.
Every 10 people that send in an email get entered into a drawing for 1000 Swag Bucks, so you have a one in ten chance of winning. Again, you must vote for each of the above schools at least 4 times to be entered into one of the drawings.
Here are the official rules for the Swag Bucks Drawing. As always, thank you for being the generous, charitable Swaggernauts that you are.