I Scream for Ice Cream
I don’t know about you guys, but my favorite kind of cake is ice cream cake! I used to get so excited as a kid when I would go to a birthday party that was serving that nearly perfect ice cream cake with the chocolate on one side, vanilla on the other, and those little chocolate crunchies in the middle…mmmmm! Now that we’re getting closer and closer to summer, I figured that it’s a perfect time to learn how to make a homemade ice cream cake! I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Ready In: 3 hours
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream, softened
- Prepare cake according to package directions; bake in a 9×13 inch baking dish and cool completely.
- Use ice cream that comes in a rectangular carton. Remove the carton and, using a piece of string or dental floss, cut the ice cream in half lengthwise (long side to long side) and place the two layers side by side on a piece of waxed paper.
- Place the cooled cake over the ice cream. Trim the cake and ice cream so that the edges match.
- Place a board or serving platter over the cake, hold onto the waxed paper and board, and flip the ice cream cake over. Remove the waxed paper and smooth out the seam between the ice cream slabs.
- Cover with waxed paper and freeze until very firm. Decorate as desired.
Sounds scrumptious! What’s your favorite dessert?