Whenever I go to a barbecue or a picnic I bring my specialty side dish – pasta salad. I absolutely love pasta salad – it’s refreshing, nutritious, and simply delicious. As we’re in the midst of barbecue season, I thought I would share this recipe with you so you’ll be prepared for the next one!
- 1 pound of the pasta of your choice – I use either spirals or penne
- 6 tablespoons salad seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cups baby carrots, sliced
- 1 broccoli floret, chopped
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
- Whisk together the salad spice mix and Italian dressing.
- In a salad bowl, combine the pasta and vegetables. Pour dressing over salad; toss and refrigerate overnight.
Here’s an additional tip: Make extra! It’s so yummy you’re going to want to save some all for yourself!
What’s your specialty side dish?