Swagbucks Book Club – Rinse and Repeat
Welcome to another weekly meeting of the Swagbucks Book Club! We get together right here every Friday at 10am Pacific Time. Everyone is welcome to come and participate, no special sign-up necessary. Our current reading selection is the classic To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. We will gather to discuss this amazing book on Friday November 18th.
All this week we have been celebrating the various ways Reading is Rewarding at Swagbucks. Just a quick reminder:
- purchase your books through one of many special offers and earn Swag Bucks in return.
- trade in previously read books in the Book Trade In and earn Swag Bucks in return
- enter to win the special Reading is Rewarding Swagstakes and possibly win more than 3500 SBs worth of prizes. (Swagstakes ends at Noon Today!)
- gather clues to the cryptogram Swag Code worth 9 SBs (solve the cryptogram and search the solution in the Swagstakes to find the Swag Code before noon PT today- 10/21/11)
- write a 3-5 paragraph review of a book you think your fellow Swaggernauts will enjoy and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your review is chosen and published here in the blog you will be rewarded 250 Swag Bucks.
- play word-based games and earn Swag Bucks for free play or enter tournaments for a bigger payout.
We will continue to find ways to reward you so stay tuned!
Today’s topic for discussion: What book do you return to and read over and over again?
My book maybe cliche but it is my choice, nonetheless: The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I first read it in college and have since returned 4-5 times. Each time I read this book I go through with a different color highlighter and mark up the various parts of the story that speak to me at that point in my life. It has been interesting to see how my life has evolved over the years. It’s been several years since this book had a place on my nightstand but I know it will make a return at some point. Do you have a similar connection with a specific work? Please share it in the comments.