I wanted to share something with you for Hanukkah that we can all enjoy – a recipe for Latkes! For those of you who don’t know what latkes are, they are delicious potato pancakes – almost like hash browns. They’re super simple to make, and they compliment any meal – breakfast, lunch, or dinner! I discovered this recipe on AllRecipes.com, and I encourage you all to try it out!
This recipe yields 10 to 12 latkes
- 2 cups peeled and shredded potatoes
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup peanut oil for frying
- Place the potatoes in a cheesecloth and wring, extracting as much moisture as possible.
- In a medium bowl stir the potatoes, onion, eggs, flour and salt together.
- In a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until hot. Place large spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the hot oil, pressing down on them to form 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick patties. Brown on one side, turn and brown on the other. Let drain on paper towels. Serve hot!