4th of July Dessert
Looking for the perfect dessert to bring to your 4th of July barbecue? I got you covered. I found a great recipe on AllRecipes.com for Red, White, and Blue Strawberry Shortcake that is sure to make a hit!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- Prepare cake according to package directions and bake in a 9×13 inch pan. Cool completely.
- Frost cake with whipped topping. Place blueberries in a square in the corner, and arrange sliced strawberries as stripes to make an American flag. Chill until serving.
Easy as pie, well, easy as cake!