Captain Jack’s Peach Pie
Us pirates know a good, finger-lickin’ recipe when we see one, and Cap’n Jack was kind enough to share one o’ his favorites on th’ website, AllRecipes.com. It’s sweet, it’s fruity, and it’s got me favorite secret ingredient, rum. Follow these instructions closely, as ye would a treasure map, and ye will soon be on yar way to a delicious treat. Here is the recipe fer Captain Jack’s Peach Pie.
- 1 (15 ounce) package double crust ready-to-use pie crust
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 fresh peaches – peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish with butter.
- Press one pie crust into the prepared pie dish.
- Mix sugar, flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, cardamom, and allspice together in a bowl. Slowly stir butter into the sugar mixture until fully incorporated.
- Toss peaches and rum together in a separate bowl; add sugar mixture to peaches. Gently toss to coat peaches. Pour peach mixture into pie crust. Top with remaining pie crust; seal the two crust edges together. Cut 4 to 5 slits in the top crust for ventilation. Brush with milk.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Lower heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); bake until top is golden brown, about 30 more minutes. Turn off the oven and let the pie rest in the oven as it cools, at least 1 hour.
I can hear all ye scallywags salivatin’ already!
If ye have a special treat ye wanna share, leave it down yonder in the comments section.