Finger-Lickin’ Good – Tailgate Recipe
Earlier today, Ashley shared some shopping tips for Football season’s tailgate party necessities. When I think of a tailgate party, I can’t help but think of chicken wings – to me the two just go hand-in-hand. So, I found a great recipe on AllRecipes.com for delicious chicken wings. The person who had submitted this recipe says that it has been passed on for years and years of tailgating at East Carolina University, so they were appropriately named ECU Tailgate Wings.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- Combine the water, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, sugar, limes, and red pepper in a gallon-sized sealable bag; seal and shake to combine. Add the chicken wings; refrigerate 24 to 48 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-low heat and lightly oil grate.
- Drain the marinade from the wings and discard. Cook the wings on the heated grill, turning occasionally, until juices run clear, 25 to 30 minutes.
That’s some finger-lickin’ goodness! Bon appetit!