Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers
You know, The Swag Gal is usually the one to write the recipe posts, but as the Swagbucks delegated eater, don’t you think I would know good food when I see it? Exactly – that’s what I thought! That’s why I’ve decided to take it upon myself to tackle today’s recipe blog post. We’re only 15 days away from Halloween, so it’s only appropriate that today’s recipe be Halloween themed. I love stuffed peppers, so my stomach perked up when I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com. I wouldn’t say you’d be embarrassed at the sight of me devouring stuffed peppers; more like impressed. At least I impress myself. Here’s the recipe for Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers.
IngredientsOriginal recipe makes 6 peppers
- 6 bell peppers, any color
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Lightly mix together the ground beef, egg, bread cubes, onion, tomato, garlic, chili sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Wash the peppers, and cut jack-o’-lantern faces into the peppers with a sharp paring knife, making triangle eyes and noses, and pointy-teeth smiles. Slice off the tops of the peppers, and scoop out the seeds and cores. Stuff the peppers lightly with the beef stuffing, and place them into the prepared baking dish so they lean against each other.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender and the stuffing is cooked through and juicy, about 1 hour.
Okay…who’s inviting me over for dinner? Enjoy.