With the way the weather’s been acting lately, all I can seem to think about is a delicious bowl of hot soup. I went to AllRecipes.com in search of the perfect recipe, and stumbled on this one for a Fall Vegetable Soup with Black-Eyed Peas and Grilled Chicken. With a prep time of just 15 minutes, it’s super easy to make and just what you need on a chilly, Fall night.
Original recipe makes 8 servingsChange Servings
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed and diced
- 4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Grill the chicken for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, turning the chicken halfway through cooking. Remove the chicken to a cutting surface. Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut into strips. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, parsnips and fennel. Cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the broth and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender.
- Stir in the chicken, peas and parsley and heat through. Season to taste. Divide the soup mixture among 8 serving bowls.