Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole
Is recovering from their tryptophan and Black Friday hangovers? I hope everyone had a wonderful, delicious, and satisfying Thanksgiving. Mine was incredible – I’m still full! And not only that, I was sent home with, what seems like, pound and pounds of leftovers. The whole house of guests left with goody bags! I had to think of something to do with all of these leftovers, so I went to AllRecipes.com and found this recipe for Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole. There’s no way I’m letting all that good food go to waste! A yummy casserole it is!
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over low heat. Blend in the flour. Slowly stir in evaporated milk and water, then season with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Stir sauce over low heat for 5 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Blend in the dry stuffing mix. Place the turkey in the prepared baking dish. Pour the sauce over turkey, then sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Spread mashed potatoes over cheese. Top mashed potatoes with the stuffing mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
Share your favorite leftover recipe in the comments below!