Thanksgiving Rice Krispies Treats
Thanksgiving is just 5 short days away! Did you buy your turkey yet? If you don’t get your turkey early on, you’ll get stuck with a 25-pounder – I learned that the hard way! The second most important dish for a successful Thanksgiving feast is, in my opinion, dessert! On Tuesday, I shared a video from SBTV that shows you how to make Pumpkin Cheesecake. Now sure, your guests are all bound to love it, but what about the kids? Don’t worry – I haven’t forgotten about them. Here’s a recipe I found on Instructables.com for adorable Thanksgiving Rice Krispies Treats.
• Rice Krispies®
• Root Beer Dum Dums and Butterscotch Dum Dums
• Candy Corn
• Marshmallow Crème (or other icing product)
• Black writing icing
• Thin licorice
• Cashews or peanuts
1) Prepare Rice Krispies Treats as directed on the box.
2) Instead of putting into a pan, allow to cool a few minutes, and then using your hands, roll into 2-3” balls. You may need to work the ball for a bit to make the marshmallow less sticky.
3) Unwrap Dum Dums and poke one through the rolled ball. It’s OK if your Dum Dum stick pokes out the back.
4) Using marshmallow crème or other icing products, attach the candy corn to the back-side of the ball in a fan shape. It should look like turkey feathers.
5) Draw eyes onto the Dum Dum with the black icing.
6) Break a peanut or cashew in half, and cut a thin piece of licorice to create the “gobbler”.
7) Using marshmallow crème, attach cashew/peanut just under the eyes and attach the “gobbler” just beside the cashew.
Let set… or gobble up! It’s up to you!
We recommend storing these in an air-tight container in the fridge if you will not be consuming them right away.
These are too cute! If you take a stab at these, take a picture of them and post a link to your picture in the comments section below. I’ll hook you up with 100 Swag Bucks!