How To Make Chicken And Broccoli Pasta
How’s your New Year’s resolution coming along? Still stickin’ with it? One of my resolutions this year was to eat healthier, and so far so good (although we’re only 12 days into the new year). Eating healthier requires more cooking and less eating out, so I’ve been on the hunt for some delicious, yet nutritious recipes. Here’s a great one that I found on AllRecipes.com that you won’t have to feel guilty after eating. Follow the instructions and enjoy your Chicken and Broccoli Pasta.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 18 ounces dry penne pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and add chicken; cook until slightly brown. Add onion and garlic to cook for about 5 minutes or until garlic is golden and onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, broccoli, salt, pepper and oregano; stir well and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down heat to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain and add back into pot. Pour chicken sauce into pot and mix well.
- Add basil and toss well; top with Parmesan cheese. Serve.
Feel free to share your favorite healthy recipes in the comments section below. I’m also looking for crock pot recipes since I’ll be in Jury Duty all next week. It will be great to have a yummy dinner waiting for me when I get home.