Spaghetti Soup Recipe
How do you deal with the cold weather? You can wrap yourself in blankets, blast the heat, sit by the fire, or sit yourself down to a steaming bowl of delicious soup. If you’re looking for a new recipe that will keep you warm, I found this one on AllRecipes.com and it looks super yummy. Ready in 45 minutes, here’s the recipe for Spaghetti Soup:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Natural Goodness™ Chicken Broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) canCampbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 cup water
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it is browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken.
- Stir in the remaining oil and heat over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the carrots and cook for 1 minute. Add the celery and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth, soup and water. Heat to a boil. Stir in the pasta. Cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add the chicken and parsley, if desired, and heat through.
Seems pretty easy and looks pretty delicious! I liked this soup, because it’s the perfect combination of protein, vegetables, and carbs. Not to mention, it’s nice and colorful!
What’s your favorite kind of soup?