Fresh Spring Rolls Recipe
Since tomorrow is the first day of Spring – yay! – I wanted to prepare you with a delicious recipe for Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls (it only seems appropriate). What better way to jump into Spring than with spring rolls, right? This is also a perfect recipe for those of you looking to get ready for swimsuit weather. Because, you know, Summer is just around the corner. I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com.
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Boil rice vermicelli 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place 2 shrimp halves, a handful of vermicelli, basil, mint, cilantro and lettuce, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chili sauce.
- In another small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
- Serve rolled spring rolls with the fish sauce and hoisin sauce mixtures.
Okay, so who wants to make me some?
Before you start cooking, be sure to check out Swagbucks Coupons, as you might be able to find some savings on ingredients and earn Swag Bucks in the process!
What’s your favorite spring recipe? Share it in the comments below!