Irish Potato And Chive Casserole Recipe
I’m not a very big drinker, so St. Patrick’s Day is not as crazy for me as it is for others. However, I am a big eater, so I celebrate the holiday by eating foods that are Irish, green, and/or lucky. I scoured the internet – okay, maybe that’s an exaggeration, but I did scour the entire AllRecipes.com website – looking for a delicious recipe to share with you for St. Patty’s Day. I absolutely love potatoes, and I know that potatoes are common in Irish cuisine, so I took this as a perfect opportunity to share the recipe for Irish Potato and Chive Casserole.
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place potatoes in a large pot of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Combine hot potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, and salt together in a large bowl. Mash until creamy.
- Spoon potato mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with chives and paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven until bubbling, about 30 minutes.