Swagbucks Book Club – The Fault In Our Stars discussion
Welcome to the Swagbucks Book Club. Today we are discussing the March reading selection – The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. But first we need to choose a book for April. A fellow Team Swagbucks member suggested we tackle “books that will be made into movies” which I thought was a fun idea. I’ve selected 6 below with brief synopses. Please read through the list and make your selection known on the poll below. The poll will be open until Wednesday April 3rd.
April Reading Selection Suggestions
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitgerald: In the 1920s, newly wealthy Jay Gatsby and his acquaintances party, fall in love, and create scandals on the glam islands of East and West Egg.
- The Company You Keep – Neil Gordon: A former Weather Underground activist in the ’60s is forced to go on the run after a journalist has figured out his true identity.
- Paranoia – Joseph Finder: After playing a prank at work, an employee at a technology company agrees to participate in a tangled scheme in order to keep his job.
- Winter’s Tale – Mark Helprin: Set in the 19th century and modern Manhattan, this epic NYC fantasy goes back and forth to tell the story of the love that blossoms between a middle-aged thief and a young wealthy girl who is dying.
- Serena – Ron Rash: During the Great Depression, North Carolinian George Pemberton’s timber empire becomes complicated when he learns that his wife Serena is unable to bear children.
- The Wolf of Wall Street – Jordan Belfort: The memoir of Jordan Belfort follows the stockbroker as he goes from success to drug addiction to money laundering to various other white-collar crimes before heading to prison.
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. Please join us in the discussion of John Green’s YA bestseller – The Fault In Our Stars. I will post questions in the comments, please respond in the thread or feel free to contribute your own thoughts or questions. We have a special extended Swagbucks Book Club this week as I will be selecting 10 random contributions to win 25 Swag Bucks on Wednesday, April 3rd.