Get the Reward you want, faster
As many of you may already know from the giant counter we have in the Rewards Store, we recently surpassed $41 million in distributed rewards. So first and foremost, let me say “Thank You.” Every dollar of that 41 million was earned by members of the Swagbucks community. We appreciate the engagement and will always strive to make the program as enjoyable as possible for you.
One reason – or 41 million reasons – why people enjoy Swagbucks is because of the gift cards and other rewards they receive in the Rewards Store. As Chief Rewards Officer, it’s my job to grow that number and get more rewards into more people’s hands – faster.
To effectively do that, my team and I rely a lot on input from you. One major part of that input is data, and I’d like to share some numbers with you that we found to be quite interesting:
- So far in 2013, we have already given out over 1 million rewards, ranging from gift cards to jewelry, home goods, to electronics, and many other categories
We’re very proud of that, but here’s what really jumped out to us.
- Of those 1 million rewards, 99% of them were gift cards.
Now we can think all we want that it’s a good idea to offer so many different rewards, but you’re telling us loud and clear that 99 times out of 100 you want a gift card.
So it’s with that in mind that starting July 1st, we will exclusively be offering gift cards in the Rewards Store. There are a number of improvements that will come along with this change:
- Updated Navigation – It will be much easier for you to find the gift card you want by searching for store categories such as Apparel, Restaurants, Electronics and Sporting Goods.
- Faster Delivery – We spend a disproportionate amount of time fulfilling the 1% of non-gift card items, but now we can focus all that time on improving our gift card delivery.
- Less Clutter – If there’s thousands of items you’re not interested in, you shouldn’t have to sort through them to find what you want.
- Sweet Charity – You’ll still be able to donate your Swag Bucks towards impactful causes like charity:water and Unicef
With over 450 gift cards from over 100 top brands, including Amazon, Walmart, Target, CVS, Best Buy, Sephora, iTunes, and Lowe’s, you’re sure to find the item you were hoping to get from our Rewards Store. For many of these stores, you can even earn more Swag Bucks when you redeem your gift cards through our Shop & Earn program.
As always, continue to let us know what you think about your time on Swagbucks. We’ve got a few more enhancements always in the works, and I’m excited to soon share them with you.
Chief Rewards Officer