Picture Puzzle For Dad
Are your kids looking for a good, inexpensive gift for Dad this Father’s Day? Does Dad have enough ties and you’re out of ideas? We’ve got you covered. I found this adorable craft on Spoonful.com, and it’s perfect for any Dad! It’s a picture puzzle – a six-piece desktop decoration that showcases family photos on two sides when it’s assembled and doubles as a brainteaser when Dad needs a distraction. Here’s how it’s done:
What you’ll need:
- 6 (1 1/2-inch) wooden cubes
- Acrylic paints and paintbrushes
- Rubber band
- Thin black marker
- 2 photos (3×5 or 4×6)
- Double-sided adhesive sheets
- X-Acto knife
- Letter stickers (optional)
How to make it:
1) Paint the sides of each cube, leaving the top and bottom bare.
2) When they’re dry, arrange them in a rectangle, unpainted sides up, and wrap a rubber band around them to hold them together. Using the marker, trace the rectangle onto the picture side of each photo, making sure everyone’s faces fit within the rectangle. Apply a double-sided adhesive sheet to the back of each photo and cut along the tracing lines. Peel off the adhesive’s backing and adhere one photo to the top of the cubes and one to the bottom (since it’s a bit tricky, it’s a parent’s job).
3) Divide the photos by cutting along the edges of the cubes with the X-Acto knife (another job for a parent). Add letter stickers if desired.
What’s cool about this craft is that it works for any holiday, for any gift, for anyone. Or, make one for yourself and decorate your bedroom or office space!
If you have a fun Father’s Day gift craft, be sure to leave it in the comments below.