Saturday Do-It-Yourself – Kahlua Cookie Cake
Today’s Saturday Do-It-Yourself recipe is not for the faint of heart. If you are minding your calories or under the age of 21 you best just move along. Today’s recipe is for Kahlua Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake and submitted by Swaggernaut Lounger from Coquitlam, British Columbia.
One large bag of chocolate chip cookies (preferably inexpensive ones)
One quart of Whipping Cream
- Whip bowl of all the whipping cream, add powdered sugar till sweet to the taste.
- Have a long log platter, at least 12 inches long(longer if you have one.)
- A bowl of Kahlua, preferable a dessert or soup bowl
- Open your cookies and get ready to use them.
- Dip one cookie in Kahlua and scoop whip cream one side, add second cookie on other side to make a loose sandwich, then place at one end of platter. Scoop next cookie with whip cream and add to end of other cookies and continue to end of platter.
- Start at beginning of first row and repeat again to end of platter. Remember to dip each cookie in Kahlua before starting next one.
- Start third row and repeat same as other two. Do not be skimpy between cookies but remember you need enough whip cream to cover whole log top,sides front and do not forget to dip each cookie In Kahlua before scooping it in whipping cream.
- Now cover the whole cake with remaining whipping cream. Remember to cover top,sides and end, so it is completely covered.
- Take about 5 Cookies and soak in Kahlua till you are able to crumble them up. Then spread the crumbled cookies and place them on top of the cake in a mess of no order.
- You should now have a long log with Kahlua soaked chocolate cookies covered with whipping cream (sweetened with powdered sugar) and spread with crumbled Kahula chips.
- Serve cold (keep refrigerated till serving) and slice longwise and serve, do not make slices too big ( remember they are Kahlua soaked)
Wow! Too bad Lounger did not submit a picture but perhaps after all that Kahlua she simply forgot. Speaking of Kahlua, Grandpa Swag used to make his own Kahlua so I thought I would share his recipe if you felt so inclined:
4 cups water
1 1/2 cups instant coffee crystals
4 1/2 cups 100 proof vodka
8 cups sugar
2 vanilla beans
Mix water, sugar and coffee crystals. Heat and stir until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Add vodka. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into 6, 12.5 oz. bottles. Cut each vanilla bean into thirds and drop bean into each bottle. Cap. After 2-3 weeks strain, remove beans and rebottle.
If you have a recipe or DIY project you would like to submit please send it (with picture and swag name!) to email@example.com. If we feature your submission you will be awarded 500 Swag Bucks!