Saturday Do-It-Yourself – Button Wreaths
Happy weekend, Swaggernauts! This week’s DIY project comes from vkaijinv, of Rio Rancho, NM. Decorating your house or apartment for the holidays can be a daunting task (should you choose to do so). But, this DIY idea makes decorating fun, easy AND affordable!
Here’s how to make your own Button Wreaths:Stuff you’ll need:
- Craft buttons (I got mine at Hobby Lobby, but they also have them on Amazon or at Michaels and JoAn Fabrics)
- Hot Glue/Gun
- Ribbon or other decorations
- Scrapbook paper
- Use the compass to trace two circles onto the scrapbook paper, one inside the other, as a pattern for the wreath
- Use the hot glue gun to glue the buttons onto the paper. (tip: putting the glue on the button allows you to “scrape” the glue on the button and minimizes hot glue strings)
- Make a bow out of the ribbon, or tack the ribbon around the buttons as decoration.
- Remove the glass from the frame, hot glue the scrapbook paper to the backing, insert into frame, and voila!
You can add sayings or decorate any way you choose to make them personalized. I got the frames at Dollar Tree, so the whole wreath took about an hour to put together and cost less than $10.
Thanks vkaijinv, for this great idea!
And remember, send your recipes and DIY ideas to email@example.com, please include a picture and your Swag Name. If we publish your DIY, you will get 500 Swag Bucks!