TSG’s Tips – Celebrate 2014 – SAFELY!
Today marks the last Monday of 2013, Swaggernauts! So that’s definitely something to cheer about! I hope everyone had a fantastic year. Tomorrow night is New Year’s Eve, and although it’s a night filled with fun and excitement, it’s also the most dangerous night of the year, and one that makes TSG shake in his boots (well, that is if I owned boots).
Everyone is celebrating the start of a new year by surrounding themselves with good friends and family, delicious eats, and a whole lot of alcohol. Whether you are hosting a New Year’s Eve party or attending one tomorrow night, TSG encourages each and every one of you to enjoy their night to the fullest, all the while following these helpful safety tips, brought to you by USA.gov.
If you are hosting a New Year’s Eve party, following a few simple rules could prevent a tragedy:
- Plan ahead by naming a “designated driver.” Make this your responsibility as the host.
- Contact a local cab company to provide rides for your guests.
- Serve non-alcoholic beverages as an option to your guests.
- Stop serving alcohol to your guests several hours before the party ends.
- Provide your guests with a place to stay overnight in your home.
If you are attending New Year’s Eve parties and celebrations:
If you drink, don’t drive.
- Plan ahead and always designate a sober driver before the party or celebration begins.
- If you are impaired, call a taxi, use mass transit, or get a sober friend or family member to come pick you up.
- Or, stay where you are until you are sober.
- Take the keys from someone if you think he/she is too impaired to drive.
TSG wishes you a very Happy New Year!
Stay safe, Swaggernauts! Here’s to a stellar 2014!!