Saturday Do-It-Yourself: (6th Birthday) Garlic Mushroom Soup
If you haven’t heard, our 6th Birthday is coming up next Tuesday, February 25th! For todays DIY, we’ve got a delicious (birthday) soup recipe from a Swaggernaut Extreme6, all the way in India! Check it out!!
I have got a good recipe to share with you today: Garlic Mushroom Soup. It’s perfect for days when you need a cheap and flexible recipe. Plus, it comes together in 15-20 minutes or less.
- 1 Whole Garlic or 1 Roasted Garlic
- 3.5 – 4 Cups Sliced Button Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Milk or 1/2 Cup Milk + 1/2 Cup Cream (if you want to indulge)
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- Black Pepper + Crushed Pepper (adjust amount to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil orTangy Hot OilorHot Chile Oil
- 2 Cups Water/Stock (or as much as you need)
- Green Onions/Scallions, Finely Chopped (For Garnish)
- Red Pepper Flakes (For Garnish)
- Thyme (for Garnish)
- Tangy Hot Oil
What you do:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil; broil the garlic till resplendent. Add the cut mushrooms to the same container; broil them at high hotness as well as the garlic till they are broiled light tan. Uproot them from the dish, and put aside. Divide a percentage of the roasted/fried mushrooms for adding them to the soup later for a thick composition or for embellishment.
- In the same container include whatever is left of the oil, and the onions and cook them at medium hotness till they are clear and mellowed. Include the thyme, salt and dark pepper, squashed red pepper to the container with the onions. Cook them at medium high temperature for in the vicinity of 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour and blend it in the above blend. Include 50% of the milk and stew for something like 2-3 minutes at low hotness. Include the mushrooms (other than the part that was set divide for later) and the pounded cooked garlic, assuming that you are utilizing and cook everything together for 3-4 minutes.
- Switch off the high temperature and precisely mix the in elements in the container with a submersion blender, or exchange everything to a blender and mix till it is pureed. (I exited mine somewhat coarse; as I like the surface that way). When you need it smooth, make a smooth and rich mix.
- Come back to the container, include rest of the milk, water and whatever remains of the mushrooms. Stew at low for in the vicinity of 10 more minutes. Evacuate from hotness and squirt a miniscule spot of lemon juice.
- Scoop into distinctive dishes. Liberally shower the Spicy Oil on the soup.
- Serve warm decorated with Crushed Pepper, Scallions and Thyme.
Tips: If you are using the roasted garlic, mash it and set aside.
Thanks Extreme6! That soup looks delicious – the perfect soup to serve at a 6th Birthday party!!
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!