Saturday Do-It-Yourself: Decorative Candle Jars
For this weekend’s DIY project, we have a great idea submitted by TheDoctorsFriend, from Brownsville, TX. Check it out!
One of my favorite things to put on display at my house are candles. However, I don’t like them looking so plain so every once in awhile I like to decorate them in cool ways!
What you need:
- Any size jar
- Black Chalkboard Spray Paint
- Painters Tape
What to do:
- First, decide what shape you want the window on the jar to be.
- Using your scissors, cut it out and place it where you will be able to see the candle
- Taking the black chalk spray paint, spray the entire jar and let it dry (for this part I recommend going outside).
- Wait around 20-45 minutes for the jars to dry.
- Once dry, peel off the tape carefully so that the paint doesn’t come off of the jar.
- Now that your jar is done, you can place candles inside and light them! (if you don’t want to use real candles flameless candles work too)
What a fantastic idea! And it looks so fun! Thank you, TheDoctorsFriend!
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!