Saturday Do-It-Yourself: Banana Nut Bread
Food is good. Plain and simple! Today, we’ve got a really easy recipe for you, coming from StillSearching, of Norcross, GA!
Banana Nut Bread
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 bananas mashed
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts
- Beat oil and sugar together.
- Add eggs and mashed bananas, vanilla, milk; beat well.
- Add all other ingredients. Mix well and stir in nuts. Pour into well-greased (shortening) and floured loaf pan.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
- Test with narrow knife in center to see if it comes clean.
- You may loosely cover with foil when top is desired brown, and continue baking till done.
- Turn out to cool. Wait to cut until slightly warm.
Variation: Can substitute 1/2 cup crushed pineapple for one of the bananas, or maybe even applesauce. If you do this, it may take an extra 5-10 minutes to bake.
Yes yes and yes! That looks delicious!! Thank you for sharing this recipe with us!
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!