Saturday Do-It-Yourself: Cheesy Artichoke Goodness
Attention Swaggernauts – Cheese is really delicious. That is all. And on that note, check out this delicious recipe from bmathers, from Carson City, NV.
I made this recipe up when I decided I was in the mood to eat artichoke hearts, garlic, and cheese. My husband requests it often, and every time I make it for anyone other than my husband, they request the recipe too.
- 1/2 bag uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of 27 ounce Hunt’s 4 Cheese Pasta Sauce (I’ve used other tomato sauces, but this one is my favorite)
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 8-12 artichoke hearts (Kirkland Signature Brand – halves and quarters marinated in oil)
- 2 cups French’s French Fried onions
- 3 cups of cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the egg noodles according to the directions on the package.
- Pour 1/3rd of the pasta sauce into a 9×13 glass pan and spread out. Add the ranch dressing and mix together.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheddar cheese and 1/3rd of the french fried onions on top of the pasta sauce/ranch mixture.
- Slice the mushrooms. Mince the garlic. Cut the artichoke hearts into small bite-sized pieces. Brown the ground beef. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and artichoke hearts to the browned beef. Add the rest of the pasta sauce and let all of the flavors mix together and cook on low.
- Now start layering. First, add 1/3rd of the cooked noodles. Then, 1/3rd of the beef/sauce mixture. Then, more cheese and french fried onions. Continue layering (noodles, beef/sauce mixture, cheese, french fried onions) until all of the mixes are gone.
- Sprinkle the top of casserole with remaining cheese (we always figure the more cheese the better!).
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to email@example.com. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!