Saturday Do-It-Yourself: Homemade Storage Covers!
Who loves a clever DIY arts and crafts project? YOU DO!! Check out this fun and easy DIY project from chelivia, from Leesburg, FL.
This is a super easy, creative way to cover open storage, like bookshelves, cabinets, sinks, etc.
- Measuring Tape
- Sewing machine or needle and thread to sew by hand
- Tension curtain rodInstructions:
- Measure the area you wish to cover. Add 4-5 inches to make the hems.
- Choose a fabric to match your decor, or kick it up and go wild.
- Purchase a tension rod that is a little longer than the width of what you are covering.
- Sew the hems, the top hem should be wide enough to allow the tension rod to be inserted.
- Insert the tension rod.
- Place tension rod with curtain on beneath the “lip” of the space you are covering.Voila! You are done, easy peasy. With all the supplies on hand you can have this done in 15 minutes.
This is awesome! Thanks for sending, chelivia! I bet a lot of Swaggernauts will be making these this weekend!
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!