Saturday Do-It-Yourself: Cheesy Tortilla Bake
It’s no secret that cheese is the best (unless you’re lactose intolerant, then we are sorry). Today’s DIY comes to us from KarlaLynne, of Florida.
Cheesy Tortilla Bake:
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 10oz can Rotel (tomatoes w/ green chiles) undrained
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 11 oz bag tortilla chips
- 1 8oz pkg shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Heat oven to 350°
- Large deep skillet brown meat and drain.
- Add to meat in skillet tomatoes, Rotel, corn, black beans and taco seasoning mix.
- Heat through stirring once in awhile. Add in sour cream.
- Stir til blended well then remove from heat.
- 13×9 or 3 quart baking dish layer chips (cover bottom over lay them, I end up using 3/4 of the bag), 1/2 meat sauce and 1/2 cheese, repeat for 2nd layer.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, til bubbly.
- Top with dollops of sour cream then chopped spring (green) onion or chopped lettuce and tomatoes.
- You can make as spicy as you want just buy purchasing mild to hot ingredients.
Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! I hope someone makes it this weekend!
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!