Saturday Do-It-Yourself: Old Fashioned Cornflake Candy
Cereal is good. Candy is good. Is there a way to combine them??? Thanks to cyntimental, from Freeport, FL…THERE IS! Check out this recipe.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 cups plain Cornflakes
- Butter 2 baking sheets and set aside.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a large saucepan and cook, continuing to stir over medium heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Add cornflakes, a cup at a time until mixture thickens.
- Working quickly, drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets and set aside to cool.
- Yield will depend on how large you make the clusters.
Yes, please! This looks scrumtrulescent! Thanks for sharing!
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!