Saturday Do-It-Yourself: S’mores Crispies Treats
It’s the last day of May and boy do we have a treat for you!!! Check out this incredible recipe, from LoveAdamLambert!
What can be better than Rice Krispies and S’Mores? Why S’Mores Crispies of course! This is a recipe I made up. I call them S’mores Crispies Treats!
You Will Need the following:
- 1 Box of graham crackers
- 2,6 packs of full size hershey bars
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons of butter (plus a little extra to grease pan)
- and about 5 or so table spoons of melted butter for the crust
- optional: 2 or 3 Tsp milk,pinch of sea salt
Make Graham cracker Crust:
- Crush up all the graham crackers very fine then little by little add melted butter until all crumbs are wet and can stick together
- Put half firmly into the 9×13 greased cake pan and put in oven 5 min then let it cool
- Start making rice crispy treats per cereal directions and while you wait for the butter to melt for the marshmallows break apart 6 of the candy bars and layer on top of cooled crust .
- When you finish the rice crispies put in pan on top of the candy and pack it evenly
- Break up 5 of the remaining candy bars and layer on the crispies
- Take the other half of crust and cover the whole top(does not need to be packed tight like bottom crust) put in oven for about 6 minutes so the crust can form and candy can melt.
Optional: After you take it out of oven take the last candy bar and melt it with a small pinch of sea salt and about 2 or 3 tea spoons of milk (just enough to get it the right consistancy to dribble over the whole top).
When it’s cool enough to touch cut into bars and enjoy (they taste great straight from the fridge but I like them better if they are warm you can warm each bar in microwave about 15 to 20 seconds tastes so good).
Hope you enjoy this as much as my kids and I.
These look insanely good – thank you for sharing!!!
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!