Saturday Do-It-Yourself: Cajun Fried Shrimp!
BREAKING NEWS: Fried food is delicious. Check out this DIY recipe from a Canadian member, MrLionSwag, and wow your friends and family this weekend! (Use Swagbucks Search to find measurement conversions for your area)
My brother’s son made this delicious Cajun dish for our family gathering last week! It was amazing, and also he gave the instructions to me! I just had to share it! And trust me, it is SUPERB!
This recipe is very easy to make and I hope you try it someday!
Fried Shrimp – Cajun Style! Makes 8 (25 minutes time)
Ingredients to Make 8 Shrimps:
- 8 raw, uncooked, preferably large shrimp.
- 5 teaspoonfuls of Cajun spice*
- 100 grams of cornmeal.
- 100 grams of flour.
- 200 mL or 0.8 cups of milk.
- 200 mL or 0.8 cups of buttermilk.
- 350 mL or 1.5 cups of oil. (He used canola)
- In a bowl, mix milk, eggs, and buttermilk together. Stir it aggressively!
- In another bowl, pour the cornmeal and flour.
- Start to peel the shrimps, but leave the tail section. Using a knife, barley slice them halfway through their back.
- Wash the shrimp as thoroughly as possible. Spread out the shrimp on a plate.
- Sprinkle the shrimp in your mixture of Cajun spices, and dip in milk and egg mixture. Do this multiple times with one shrimp. It is ok for the spices to be in the milk bowl.
- Immediately place them in the flour and cornmeal mix after you’re done coating one. Mix the shrimp in there consistently!
- You should be with done the shrimps! Head the oil in a frying pan, and fry for 3-5 minutes!
- Enjoy your shrimp!
*Consists of a combination of salt, garlic pepper, black pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper!
Thanks for this amazing looking recipe!
And for all you DIY-lovers, be sure to check out HGTV Handmade! It’s the newest crafting and DIY channel on YouTube. Subscribe today and earn 20 SB! (Must have a gmail account. SBs will credit within 48 hours)
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to email@example.com. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!
Have a great weekend!