Saturday Do-It-Yourself: Chicken Avocado Dip!
Welcome to the weekend! We’ve got a great recipe for you this week and it’s one I’m pumped about – since I love chicken and I love avocado and I will dip any food in anything! Check it out!
This is a great dip for parties, cookouts, family reunions, or even as a novel, light lunch. Serve with a hearty chip (scoops, corn chips, black bean chips—my favorite). This has been a big hit anywhere I’ve taken it! It is easy; especially if you have leftover chicken and you’re a little bored with all the typical chicken dishes.
And it is very healthy! Enjoy!
- 8-12 ounces of cooked chicken breast, seasoned to taste
- 3 avocados, still fairly firm
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 ounce tub of sour cream (optional/less healthy version)
- 3 cups of salsa, drained of excess water
- Shredded cheese for topping
- Cilantro or parsley flakes for garnish
- Cut the chicken into small chunks and put them along the bottom of your serving dish.
- Slice the avocadoes and place the slices into a bowl.
- Pour the lemon juice onto the avocado and toss gently to coat (this gives both flavor and prevents browning).
- Place the avocado in an even layer on top of the chicken. If you use the sour cream, spread it on top of the avocado.
- Spread the salsa over the top.
- Cover the top with your favorite shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and/or parsley flakes.
*Serves appetizer portions for 8-10
**Prep time 25 minutes (more if starting with raw chicken)
This looks amazing! Thank you for sharing, ruhot4teacher!
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to email@example.com. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!