Saturday Do-It-Yourself: Lime Chili Chicken Skewers
One of the best parts about July 4th weekend is all of the delicious BBQs we get to attend! Here’s a great recipe from mamameowmix, of Shawnee, KS that you just might want to add to your menu!
Lime Chili Chicken Skewers
- 1 & 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast –cut up into pieces for kabobs
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- cayenne pepper, salt & pepper to taste
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 1 hour [to avoid wood scorching]
- Combine all ingredients, starting with olive oil, into a large bowl – mix well.
- Add the cut up chicken to marinade and dtir until all chicken pieces are smothered in the mix.
- Allow chicken to marinate for at least 1 hour (you can store it in the fridge until ready).
- If you like you can add vegetables of your choice, also cut up into pieces, and marinate them also. I like cherry tomatos, zuccini,onion, red & green peppers.
- Take your skewers out of the water, and just wipe off excess water. Then you start skewering your chicken pieces. use the sharp end of skewer, make sure u poke through the middle of the meat so it doesn’t fall off while grilling.
- If using veggies, have a nice mixture of meat & veggie per skewer.
- Now you are ready to grill.
- Grill until meat is cooked & veggies are tender.
These look amazing! Thanks for sharing this great recipe!
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to email@example.com. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!
Have a great weekend!