Saturday Do-It-Yourself: Canning Green Tomatoes!
Today’s DIY comes to use from Swagtlw, of Orleans, IN. We’ve got a great recipe and small DIY project!
Is your garden full of green tomatoes? Wouldn’t they taste good fried? Wouldn’t they taste good fried this winter? Here’s an easy recipe for just that occasion!Directions:
- Slice tomatoes fairly thickly.
- Put into hot, sterilized jars.
- Cover with boiling water, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Add 1 tsp. salt and 1 Tbsp. vinegar to each quart jar.
- Place hot lids on jars, screw on tightly.
- Place jars into water bath canner, bring to a boil and process for 40 minutes.
- Just drain off the water, place tomato slices on paper towels to drain well before frying up next winter.
This is great recipe and DIY idea. Thanks for sharing!
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!
Have a great weekend!