Saturday Do-It-Yourself: Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
Dessert is fantastic. Don’t believe us? Try some! Today’s DIY gives us a healthier option for dessert! It comes from Dolly55 of London, Ontario!
My recipe is Chocolate Zucchini brownies. These are a low-fat alternative to normal brownies, but taste just as delicious! Don’t let the Zucchini part throw you off – they are chocolaty and will satisfy your chocolate craving without making you regret it later.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup flour (we used white/whole wheat, but any will do)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8×8 pan (we used glass).
- In large bowl mix eggs, vanilla, sugar and applesauce until smooth.
- In medium bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt until there are no clumps.
- Add dry ingredients from medium bowl into larger bowl with wet ingredients. – Do not over mix
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Put in glass dish – spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Once done place glass dish on cooling rack for 20 minutes. (It can stay in this container if you have a lid for it and best stored in the refrigerator).
These look pretty spectacular! Thanks for sending!
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!
Have a great weekend!