Saturday Do-It-Yourself: Tortilla Soup!
If there is one truth in this life, it’s this: Soup is good food. Today, we have a great Tortilla Soup recipe from Beccaie, of Addison, IL!
Super-Easy, Very Quick Tortilla Soup
This is a recipe that I threw together one night when I hadn’t planned anything for dinner. My family’s been requesting it ever since. It only takes about 5 minutes to throw it together. I have also adapted it to be gluten-free, since my sister was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I’ve included both options, though obviously you should choose just one.
- 1 cup chicken breasts, cooked and diced (bite-sized)
- 1 can (15 oz) white (cannellini) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 0.75 tsp coriander or dried cilantro
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 1 can tomato soup
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- Add everything to a stockpot or large saucepan.
- Stir until well mixed (no lumps of tomato paste or tomato soup remaining).
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with crushed tortilla chips and/or shredded cheese.
This looks fantastic and we would like some.
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!
Have a great weekend!