Swagbucks Do-It-Yourself: World’s Best Cheesecake!
Did you know that cheesecake was invented during the month of August? I definitely made that up. But, what I can’t make up, is this delicious recipe from Cyclemate, of Lexington, IL.
My Swag Name is Cyclemate and my husband made me this wonderful cheesecake for Valentine’s day… I wanted to share this with you because the way this bakes… it is a for sure dessert that will not sink …it is so good and creamy, you will want to serve this for all occasions. I also included a photo of our table… I made a quick blueberry sauce to go on it.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 lbs. (four 8 ounce packages)
- cream cheese, preferably Kraft’s
- Philadelphia brand
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- juice of one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 heaping Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 C crushed vanilla wafers (you can also use crushed graham crackers, or
- digestive biscuits)
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 C sugar
- Preheat oven to to 425°.
- Add eggs, sugar, cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, lemon juice, vanilla, and flour to mixer
- Beat (on low to to low-medium speed) thoroughly, until completely smooth.
- Important tip: Do not mix at high speed and don’t overmix. If you do, the cake will overflow the pan.
- The bad news: the texture will be off (too light and fluffy). The good news: you can use the extra to make cheesecake cupcakes.
- While cake mixture is beating, make the crust.
- Mix crust ingredients together in small mixing bowl. Pour into 9″ spring form pan, pressing into place with your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- Chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- When crust is cool, and cake is thoroughly mixed, pour batter into the pan over the back of a big spoon, so the batter does not disturb the crust.
- Let it rest for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Bake in 425° oven for 15 minutes.
- Then turn oven down to 275° and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven. Do not open the oven door for 2 hours!
- After the 2 hours are up, remove cake and refrigerate.
Holy moly! Please send this to us at Swagbucks immediately!!
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!
Have a great weekend!