Recipe of the Week: Honey Garlic Chicken
Welcome to our new segment: Recipe of the week! We’ll be highlighting some of our favorite recipes here at Swag Central along with related coupons!
This week we’re featuring a recipe from Karen at 365 Days of Crockpot that uses one of our favorite kitchen inventions… The Instant Pot!
If you don’t know what an Instant Pot is let me introduce you to a cooking game-changer. The Instant Pot is a 10-in-1 Multi use programmable pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, egg cooker, saute, steamer, warmer, and sterilizer. That’s right, this machine does it all!
And for a limited time you can earn up to 11% Cash Back at Amazon when you get yourself an Instant Pot!
Now on to the recipe…
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 2/3 cup Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 2/3 Cup of Chicken Broth
- 6 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cup of short grain white rice
- 2 1/4 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1 (16oz) package of frozen broccoli florets
Note: this severs 4 to 6
I don’t know about you but I actually have most of this stuff in my cabinets or fridge. I alway keep honey on hand for tea or whatever else needs a little kick of sweetness. I’m Italian so garlic is always in my fridge, and soy sauce is a staple in my household along with rice. So there’s a chance you may only need to go shopping for just a few items.
Before you head to the store make sure you check out our coupons to make this meal an money maker!
Here’s Karen’s instructions on how to make this tasty dinner:
- Add honey, soy sauce and broth into bottom of Instant Pot. Whisk really well, until smooth. Add in the garlic. Trim the chicken of excess fat. Nestle the chicken into the pot.
- Pour rice into a mesh strainer. Rinse the rice well. Add rinsed rice to an oven safe dish that will fit inside your Instant Pot. Add 2 1/4 cups water into the dish. Cover the dish with foil. Place the dish on top of your trivet with handles. Carefully lower the dish down into the pot on top of the chicken.
- Secure the lid of the Instant Pot and press the manual button. Set the timer for 15 minutes on high pressure. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.”
- When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes. Gently move the valve to “venting.” Once all the pressure is released remove the lid and very carefully remove the rice bowl with hot pads. The bottom of the rice dish will be messy from the sauce of the chicken. I just transferred my rice to a clean bowl.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute function and adjust to “more”. In a small bowl stir together 1/4 cup cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water until smooth. Stir the mixture into the pot. It will start getting thick in a couple of minutes. Stir every so often.
- Open the bag of frozen broccoli and pour it into a colander. Run some hot water over the broccoli and then shake off excess water. Pour the broccoli into the Instant Pot. Stir the broccoli in and let it warm through. You may want to push the saute button on your Instant Pot to get the broccoli warm a little faster.
- Serve the chicken, broccoli and sauce over the rice
Let us know in the comments below if you end up making it! If there are specific types of recipes you would like us to post let us know.