Recent Activity (page 6)
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Wed, October 1st, 2014 at 4:00 am
Default Your Engines: Victory Lap
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., UNITED KINGDOM, AUSTRALIA, AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC)
13 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER ONLY
Participants in the Default Your Engines: Victory Lap promotion (the “Promotion”) agree that they have read, understood and accepted these Official Rules and agree to be bound by them, including all eligibility requirements and decisions of the Sponsor (defined below). We recommend that you print out and keep a copy of these official rules (“Official Rules”) for future reference.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 12:00 a.m. on October 13, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 17, 2014 (the “Entry Period”). All references to dates and time shall be based on Pacific Standard Time. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping and submission device for the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes to the Promotion schedule, these Official Rules, Sponsor’s Terms or to discontinue the Promotion, at any time, for any reason or no reason.
2. HOW TO ENTER: There is only ONE (1) way to gain entry into the Promotion (an “Entry”). During the Entry Period, ONE (1) Entry into the Promotion shall be granted when an eligible person (as defined in Section 3 herein) (each an “Entrant”),whilst logged onto the World Wide Web via either a Firefox or Google Chrome internet browser: (a) successfully defaults his/her browser’s search engine setting to Swagbucks.com (the “Website”) and (b) successfully completes a web search in the internet browser address bar. Tips on how to default your browser’s search engine to the Website can be found here. Maximum FIVE (5) Entries per day. Visiting or otherwise navigating to or on the Website alone shall not constitute Entry. No partial Entries will be awarded. There is no cost to maintain an account on the swagbucks.com website (the “Website”) (nor to earn Swag Bucks thereon). To register, follow the online registration instructions located on the Website.
3. ELIGIBILITY: ELIGIBLE PERSONS (AS DEFINED IN THIS SECTION 3) MAY ONLY ENTER INTO THE PROMOTION BY THE ENTRY METHOD DESCRIBED IN SECTION 2 ABOVE. ENTRANTS CANNOT USE ANY OTHER METHOD(S) OF ENTRY TO ENTER THE PROMOTION. ENTRANTS WHO ATTEMPT TO ENTER THE PROMOTION BY ANY OTHER METHOD(S) OF ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Valid Entries received by Sponsor during the Entry Period will be entered into the Promotion and added to the then-current pool of Entrants. An Entrant may not enter with multiple identities. Any Entrant who attempts to circumvent these Official Rules by entering with multiple identities or otherwise violating these Official Rules will be disqualified. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method will void any Entry submitted by that person(s) and result in immediate disqualification. Open to current Website members in good standing who are (i) residents of the 50 United States and D.C., the United Kingdom, Australia, and Canada (excluding Quebec); and (ii) 13 years of age and older as of October 13, 2014. Employees and directors of Prodege LLC (“Sponsor”) and its affiliates, advertising agencies, and/or promotional partners and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter or win and entry by such persons will be deemed invalid. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse. No Entry may be made on behalf of third parties. If any winner is deemed a minor in the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the winner will need parental consent in order enter the Promotion and to be awarded the Prize or the Prize may be awarded to his/her parent/legal guardian (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). The Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of age or identity. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, void where prohibited.
4. CLEARANCE AND RELEASE: In the event Entry into the Promotion requires any Entrant to provide certain content, then Entry into the Promotion constitutes permission granted by the Entrant to Sponsor for Sponsor to use Entrant’s name, likeness, image, and /or biographical information (the “Content”) on and/or about the Website and elsewhere in the universe for the purposes of this Promotion, Sponsor’s business purposes, and/or for marketing and publicity purposes without compensation or right of further approval. Nothing shall obligate Sponsor to so use or engage in any of the aforementioned. Entrant hereby grants Sponsor a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, execute, store, archive, modify, distribute, transmit, and/or publicly display the Content in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, without compensation or right of further approval. Due to the public nature of the Promotion, and the voting scheme that may be connected therewith, the public at-large may have access to the Content and the ability to comment on or otherwise critique the Content. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Sponsor does not endorse and Sponsor cannot protect Entrant from any of the views, critiques, or comments made by others (negative or otherwise) in connection with the Content. By submitting the Content, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor is not responsible for any of the views, critiques, comments (negative or otherwise) regarding the Content, and Sponsor has no control over nor ability to censor the same. In the event any Entrant, whether required by these Official Rules or of his/her own accord, in any way promotes, “shares,” discusses, links to, posts, or otherwise advertises the Promotion, said Entrant entirely releases Sponsor and each and all individual(s) and/or entity(ies) whose name, brand, products and/or services may be used or mentioned in connection with this Promotion from any and all liability in connection with the Promotion and Entrant’s promotion of the Promotion.
5. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: Entrant warrants and represents that (i) all Content and other materials and/or documents or files provided by Entrant to Sponsor in connection herewith will not, when used by Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules, infringe any intellectual property right or any other rights of any third party; (ii) the Content nor its Entry into the Promotion will violate, breach, conflict with or constitute a default under any contract, agreement or commitment binding upon Entrant, including, without limitation, any non-disclosure, confidentiality, non-competition, or other similar agreement; (iii) the Content will not contain any nudity or content that is defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, profane, violent, indecent, or content that is otherwise offensive or that would be considered objectionable by a reasonable person; and (iv) the Content and its Entry into the Promotion will not conflict with or violate any applicable laws.
6. PRIZE: ONE (1) grand prize award of 20,000 Swag Bucks (ARV $200 USD/ $223.88 CAD/ £124.56 GBP), ONE (1) second place prize award of 10,000 Swag Bucks (ARV $100 USD/ $111.70 CAD/ £62.29 GBP), ONE (1) third place prize award of 5,000 Swag Bucks (ARV $50 USD/ $56.03 CAD/ £31.14), and THIRTY (30) fourth place prize awards of 500 Swag Bucks (ARV $5 USD/ $5.60 CAD/ £3.11 GBP) (each a “Prize”). ”ARV” means the approximate retail value. The aforementioned ARV is based on exchange rates in effect at or about the start of the Promotion and may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be subject to the ARV at or about the time of Prize delivery. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. No substitution or transfer of Prize permitted by Winner unless expressly approved by Sponsor in writing. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value. An unclaimed Prize will not be awarded. “Swag Bucks” shall refer to the loyalty reward points awarded to an eligible member of the Website by Sponsor for certain actionable activities successfully completed by such member on the Website or at other online location(s), as specified by Prodege from time to time.
7. WINNER SELECTION: Following the Entry Period, in a random computer-processed drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period, ONE (1) Entrant will be selected to win the grand prize, ONE (1) Entrant will be selected to win the second place prize, ONE (1) Entrant will be selected to win the third place prize, and THIRTY (30) Entrants will each be selected to win the fourth place prize.. Winners will be notified by either email, postal mail, and/or telephone and, as a condition of winning, will be required (or his/her parent or legal guardian where the selected winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence will be required) to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and a Publicity Release, and IRS Form W-9 (where applicable) as deemed reasonably appropriate and provided by Sponsor (the “Required Documents”). Failure to execute the Required Documents within seven (7) days of attempted delivery or Prize will cause the Prize to be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner may be also be announced on the Website and/or on Sponsor’s additional presences on the Internet, including, without limitation, Sponsor’s Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest pages. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. An Entrant is not deemed a winner of any prize, even if the winning notification should so indicate, until and unless the Entrant’s eligibility has been verified, all Required Documents executed and returned to Sponsor, and the Entrant has been notified that the acceptance and verification process is complete. A potential winner who has not reached the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence at the time of Entry shall require parental consent to accept any prize.
9. DISCLAIMER: This Promotion and Prize awarded in connection herewith are sponsored solely by Prodege, LLC. In no event should this Promotion be construed as being associated with, endorsed, sponsored, or administered by Instagram, the manufacturer or provider of any Prize, or owner of any trademark or service mark mentioned in connection herewith. Any copyright and/or trademark(s) mentioned in connection with this Promotion are the property of their respective owners.
10. SPECIAL RULES FOR UK & CANADA RESIDENTS:
A. For residents of Canada: If you are a potential winner you will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by either telephone or e-mail. If you answer the skill-testing question incorrectly, as determined by us in our sole discretion, you will be disqualified and, at our discretion, an alternate winner shall be chosen from among all remaining eligible Entries.
B. For residents of the United Kingdom:
i. Provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this agreement.
ii. Any dispute arising in connection with this Giveaway may be heard in the courts in their place of residence (being either the courts of England and Wales, the courts of Scotland or the courts of Northern Ireland). This provision does not affect the Entrant’s other statutory rights as a consumer. For further information about statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens’ Advice Bureau. This provision shall replace the second paragraph of section 11 herein.
iii. For the avoidance of doubt, to the extent that English law applies, nothing in these rules shall limit or exclude either party’s liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or any other liability to the extent that it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
11. DISPUTES; GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, the Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of actions arising out of or connected with the Promotion or any Prize shall be resolved on an individual basis without resort to any form of class action.
Any and all disputes, claims and causes of actions shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of California, or the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles County, California. Any issues or questions of construction, interpretation, validity, or enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and/or Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rule which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees. Entrant (or Entrant’s parent/legal guardian if any Entrant is deemed a minor in the state or country of his/her residence) hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
12. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, available after October 17, 2014 send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Default Your Engines: Victory Lap promotion P.O Box 578, Manhattan Beach, CA 90267. Include on the lower left hand corner of the envelope the dates of the Promotion.
13. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
14. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
SPONSOR: Prodege LLC, Manhattan Beach, CA 90267
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Tue, September 30th, 2014 at 3:30 pmGet ready to be inspired! HGTV Handmade is the newest crafting and DIY collaboration channel on YouTube. Subscribe today to earn 50 SB.* *SB will appear as pending for 3 days. Must be logged into your Gmail account first before completing this offer. One time per user. Must be your first time participating in this ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Tue, September 30th, 2014 at 6:00 amToday is October 1st, which means that Halloween is right around the corner! And that also means CANDY!! It’s Tuesday, which means it’s time for the Twitter Tuesday Phrase That Pays (a.k.a. TTPTP), the contest where your creativity is rewarded with Swag Bucks (in addition to that warm, fuzzy feeling). Instead of all the bells ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Mon, September 29th, 2014 at 4:00 pmToday marks our last testimonial for the month of September! We hope you’ve enjoyed meeting new Swaggernauts and reading their stories! Today, say hi to Lisa35453 from Bellevue, OH! I would love to share my story of how Swagbucks has helped me so much over the last few years. I was a single divorcee at age ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Mon, September 29th, 2014 at 12:58 pmUPDATE: We didn’t quite hit the 25,000 followers mark we were seeking, but we DID make it over 20,000 followers – which is awesome! You can still follow us on Instagram! But, you may be wondering why?! Not only do we post awesome, funny and inspirational photos, but we also post: Swag Codes Contests like ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Mon, September 29th, 2014 at 6:00 amIf you’re a seasoned Swaggernaut or on the path to becoming one, there’s one thing you’ve already found out: we post a lot of information about Swagbucks in a lot of different places! But, are you following us in all those places? Here is a list of all of the places you might see Swagbucks-related ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Sat, September 27th, 2014 at 11:00 amHappy Saturday, Swag Nation! Looking for a fun to make treat this weekend? We’ve got it right here, thanks to PSIloveme50 from Edmonton, Canada! This is one of my boys favorite treats. They tell me I should package and sell this but I would rather share the recipe with my friends. Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix Ingredients ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Fri, September 26th, 2014 at 3:00 pmHappy Friday! Please say hello to kendrlynne, from Tooele, UT. Learn how being on bedrest turned into a the perfect Swagbucks opportunity for her! Soon after I joined Swagbucks in 2012, I learned I was pregnant with our second child. We were so thrilled, but since I have high-risk pregnancies, I knew it would come ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Fri, September 26th, 2014 at 10:02 amSwagbucks is proud to sponsor Paul Wassenarr, BMX World Campion and Cancer Survivor. Check out his inspirational story that is featured on AskMen and USAToday. Watch the interview with Paul and his dad Jeff discussing Paul’s inspiration Journey. Paul Wassenaar Racing
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Fri, September 26th, 2014 at 6:00 amToday marks our final Mobile Swag Bucks Day of September – so make it a good one! Just take a screenshot of your mobile SB wins and share it on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram including #MSBD and your Swag Name. Throughout the day we will randomly choose members and award them with 25 Swag Bucks! And don’t forget about the Daily ... Read More »
Don't Miss a Single Post
Subscribe to the RSS Feed Or enter your email address
to have our blog delivered to you.
Sign Up for the Newsletter
Enter your email address
to sign up for the newsletter.
Like Us on Facebook
Search By Category
The Blog Roll