Who doesn’t love a delicious cupcake? They’re simply amazing. Well, we’ve got 2 unique recipes for you, perfect for St. Patrick’s Day (or any day!). They come from rockerfefe, from Indianapolis, IN.
Here’s the first:
This recipe is fun and easy to do for your st.patty’s day party or just for any day at all. They are so colorful and yummy that no one can eat just one.
Start off grabbing your favorite cake recipe, you can do chocolate or vanilla or something really spontaneous like peanut butter chocolate strawberry cake. Make your favorite cake better and pour into greased cupcake tins bake for however long it says to bake, and take them our of the pan to cool. While those are cooling, you can make your favorite white frosting. I myself like the vanilla pudding frosting.
For this you need: 1 package vanilla instant pudding, 1 cup milk, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and 1 tub of cool whip
Mix the first 3 ingredients and let sit 5 minutes, then fold in whipped topping. Take green food coloring and add to the frosting, till you get the right green consistency. Place frosting into a piping bag and go to work on those cupcakes. Lastly add some colorful sprinkles and set on pretty platter. and Voila, eat and enjoy.
Here’s the second:
My husband is a meatloaf fiend and these meatloaf cupcakes are a real winner especially with the delicious mashed potato ‘Frosting’. It will have your family requesting them multiple times a week. And they are so easy to make, and a great way for portion control, especially if you love your meat loaf, fun way to present it with some colorful veggies on the side.
Ingredients for Meat Loaf:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup Progresso panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper
Ingredients for Mashed Potatoes:
- 6 large potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 18 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix Meat Loaf ingredients until well combined. Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups, pressing mixture down firmly.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaves reads 160ºF. Cool slightly in muffin cups.
- While loaves are baking, in 3-quart saucepan, place potatoes in generously salted cold water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cook potatoes until fork-tender. Drain; return to saucepan. Add butter and 1/4 cup milk; mash until creamy and smooth, adding more milk as necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Make sure mashed potatoes are creamy and smooth so they can be piped onto meat loaves.
- Place potatoes in 10-inch decorating bag without tip. Starting at outside of loaf and in circular motion, pipe potatoes onto each meat loaf. If you do not have piping bag, you can always spread it on. If desired, garnish with additional parsley. Remove from muffin cups.
WOW! I can’t decide which recipe I want to make first. Amazing! Thank you for sharing these with us! Swaggernauts – someone please make these this weekend and let us know how they come out!!
If you would like to submit a DIY or a favorite recipe please send it (with your Swag Name and a picture, please) to email@example.com. If we publish your submission you will get 500 Swag Bucks!