Activity from Uncategorized (page 9)
Posted by TSGal on Fri, August 28th, 2009 at 9:00 am
Of course, now that the school year is getting back into full swing, TSGal is expecting to see more questions like the following one from Jill C., from Columbus, Indiana. She asked:
How can parents help the kids to unwind after they get home?
Oh Mamma mia! There must be thousands of mothers & fathers out there biting their nails, anxiously awaiting the answer to this question. Being that I am not a mom (not yet at least!) I cannot speak from personal experience. However, having done some research as well as talking to women who do have children, I think I have a few ideas to help you out.
1. Let your kids exercise and play without rules. Allow them to get a little wild, so that they eventually become tired and worn out.
2. Let your kids ‘stare into the fire’. Ever sit in front of a fire and find yourself daydreaming and staring into the distance? Use the TV (today’s modern ‘fire’) and let them relax a little bit. I know, TV is bad for kids, but let’s be honest–it can also be a parents best friend. Set some rules regarding content and let the small screen work it’s magic. Besides, a little week night tube never hurt anyone.
3. Relax and unwind WITH your kids. This can be a little difficult for the working mom and dads out there, but if you happen to be home when your kids get back from school, try suggesting some activities (baking; decorating; drawing; etc.) that you can do together. This is the time that your kids actually like you–take advantage of it! If you’re the adventurous type, allow your children to choose the activity and then partake in whatever they select–it’ll be fun for everybody!
4. Bath before bedtime. Nothingmore calming and soothing than a warm bath and becoming clean and refreshed. Yes–even children enjoy this relaxing feeling! (Try some soothing music too!)
5. Let them pick a few books to read before bedtime. Once they’re laying down and watching the pages, the eyes begin to fall heavy… and zzzzzzzzzzzz.
I hope this helps you out! Otherwise, just gotta figure it out as you go along
I’m sure all of you mothers and fathers out there have a million and one answers to this question! Feel free to comment and share your ideas too!
See you next week!
Posted by TSG on Thu, August 27th, 2009 at 2:00 pmThursdays mean Trivia! If you haven’t played before, it’s a great time to be had and lots of information to be learned. Oh and you know…Swag Bucks to be won! Trivia will be held over at our Twitter page as it is every Thursday. But this Thursday, we’re going to do it a bit differently. ... Read More »
Posted by TSG on Thu, August 27th, 2009 at 11:49 amHope you guys have been voting on the polls at the Polls page on Swagbucks. There’s still plenty of time to submit your poll ideas for this Monday’s new polls. We get tons and tons of poll submissions every week but we didn’t want anyone to be left out so this is your friendly reminder ... Read More »
Posted by TSGal on Wed, August 26th, 2009 at 10:00 amWelcome to another installment of “Ask The Swag Gal”. Today I’m going to take a question that’s a little different than what we’ve talked about in the past. That’s right, this Swag Gal knows a lot about things other than fashion, romance and pop culture! Swaggernaut Alex M, from British Columbia, Canada asked: How can ... Read More »
Posted by TSG on Mon, August 24th, 2009 at 2:10 pmWe’ve got yet another cool thing for all you guys out there in Swag Nation. In our quick links menu on the Swagbucks homepage, you’ll see one more option than there usually is. The Special Offers button will take you to some great money-saving offers that will hopefully help a lot of our users. We’ve ... Read More »
Posted by TSG on Sun, August 23rd, 2009 at 4:23 pmSunday! Sunday! Sunday! That means one lucky Swaggernaut is 100 Swag Bucks richer. Before I get right down to the new envy of Swag Nation, if you want your chance at 100 Swag Bucks, enter the weekly Swagstakes for just 1 Swag Buck per entry to start. The more you enter, the cheaper it gets, ... Read More »
Posted by TSG on Fri, August 21st, 2009 at 4:36 pmAugust has been a great month with TSG’s T-Shirt Photo Contest & our Go Green Double Trade-in month for cell phones and 20% higher trade in value on video games. After all the excitement, August is winding down which means you don’t have a lot of time to take advantage of both of these great ... Read More »
Posted by TSG on Thu, August 20th, 2009 at 3:15 pmOn Tuesday, we ran a promotion on this Irish t-shirt that we have in the CrazyDogTShirts section of our Swag Store. This shirt was and still is on sale at just 99 Swag Bucks. But, in addition to that we included a Willy Wonka-esque Golden Ticket in one of the orders and that user would ... Read More »
Posted by Team Swagbucks on Wed, August 19th, 2009 at 10:31 pmBelieve you me when I say – boy, its tough to get your hands on old school vintage WWE / WWF trading cards. But thanks to our friends at World Wrestling Entertainment, we have access to the secret stash, and just tonight over 100 new trading cards have been added to the MyWWEsearch.com Swag Store, ... Read More »
Posted by TSGal on Wed, August 19th, 2009 at 10:00 amJust because we’re entering late August doesn’t mean that we have to stop enjoying the finer pleasures of the Summer months. The theaters are still showing must see films (Brad Pitt in Inglorious Basterds, anyone?), the beaches are still full, and young men and women are discovering love and romance. Which brings us to today’s ... Read More »
Don't Miss a Single Post
Subscribe to the RSS Feed Or enter your email address
to have our blog delivered to you.
Sign Up for the Newsletter
Enter your email address
to sign up for the newsletter.
Like Us on Facebook
Latest Tweets About Swagbucks
Search By Category
The Blog Roll