Recipe Of The Week: Lemon Spaghetti with Feta and Basil
This simple pasta dish from Delish is perfect to whip up for a weeknight dinner or Meatless Monday! It requires simple ingredients, many of which you might already have on hand. Is this something your family would enjoy? Let us know in the comments!
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons, 1 zested, both halved with seeds removed
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
- 1 c. vegetable stock
- 1 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta, divided
- 1 c. chopped fresh basil, divided
- Bring an 8-quart stock pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- Return pot to stove over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pot and place lemons cut side down on the bottom of the pot. Sear lemons until they have a golden brown color, about 3 minutes, then remove and set aside. Add butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes to pot; cook until garlic has softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon lemon zest, juice of 2 lemons and vegetable stock; season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Add pasta to pot with garlic-lemon mixture, then mix in half the Parmesan and feta. (If pasta seems dry, slowly add reserved pasta water until desired consistency.) Just before serving, mix in half the basil.
- Transfer pasta to a platter and top with remaining Parmesan, feta, and basil. Serve immediately.