DIY Of The Week: Woodstock Tie-Dye Spiral Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Woodstock Tie-Dye Kit
- Tulip Tie-Dye Party Kit
- 100% natural fiber white T-shirt
- Rubber bands
- Wash t-shirt and leave damp. Lay out flat on covered work surface and smooth out wrinkles.
- Decide where you want center of swirl positioned. Pinch fabric at this spot and then twist fabric around in a flat spiral.
- Bind with three rubber bands, creating six wedge shapes.
- Mix desired dye colors.
- Apply dyes to tied shirt in wedge shaped sections. Be sure to apply deep into folds.
- Turn over shirt and apply more dye if it has not soaked through fabric.
- Allow shirt to set 6-8 hours.
- Remove bands and rinse shirt under running water.
- Wash and dry shirt according to fabric instructions.
See full tutorial here.