DIY of the Week: Pressed Flower Bookmarks
This beautiful DIY project from BugandBuddy.com is perfect for kids or adults. Pressed flowers and leaves create a beautiful natural design for bookmarks that you can keep for yourself or gift to a book loving friend.
- Various leaves and flowers
- Contact paper or laminator
- Single hole punch
- Yarn, string, or ribbon
- First you’ll need pressed flowers and leaves. Gather your flowers and leaves and insert them in a thick book for 3 or 4 days.
- Cut cardstock to your desired size.
- Use a glue stick to gently attach the flowers onto the cardstock.
- Next, cover the bookmark using a laminator or contact paper. Trim off excess plastic.
- Punch holes along the perimeter and weave string or ribbon all around it. Use some extra at the top to hang out of your book.