Recipe Of The Week: Homemade Mozzarella Sticks
If you’re looking for a tasty snack to munch on while you watch your favorite sports on TV, try our these homemade mozzarella sticks by Food.com. You can use regular mozzarella or cheese sticks and just cut them in half. You can earn 300 SB if you purchase SpongeBob SquarePants™ String Cheese or PAW Patrol String Cheese in-store.
Cook Time: 15 min
Yields: 12-16 sticks
1⁄4 cup flour
1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon milk
1 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch strips (or you can use string cheese and cut each in half)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup jarred pizza sauce or 1 cup marinara sauce
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Coat each piece of cheese with flour, then dip in egg and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Dip in egg and crumbs again.
- Freeze before frying.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook sticks for about a minute on each side, or until golden and before cheese starts to leak.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.
See full recipe here.