DIY Of The Week: Ombré Fall Wreath
Wreaths are a fun way to showcase the change in seasons. Here is a fun and easy DIY wreath from Country Living just in time for the first day of fall!
Rit liquid fabric dye (yellow, orange, pink, red, brown)
4 Plastic containers (large enough to fit the husks and dye in)
Gloves and Newspaper
- Set four medium plastic bins on a covered surface.
- In each, mix 6 cups of warm water, 3 Tbsp vinegar and 1 cup Rit liquid fabric dye in desired colors. Note – it’s good to wear gloves so your hands don’t get stained from the dye.
- Soak dried corn husk in the mixture for 20 minutes; rinse with water and let dry on newspaper.
- Place husks between two thin towels and iron flat. Hot-glue a few layers of dyed corn husks around a 12″ foam wreath form to create a sunburst shape.
- Attach a loop of wire to the back with hot glue and use to hang.